- Posted by Royal Mineral Water
- On August 16, 2017
- Alkaline Water, Crown Magnesia, Crown Suliner, SiSi Spring
There’s been a lot of interest in alkaline water and alkaline water benefits lately, but it can be hard to wade through all the information online to understand exactly what alkaline water is and the best alkaline water brand to drink.
The confusion centers around the fact that alkaline water refers to two different things. The most common usage refers to the pH of water—with alkaline water having a pH higher than 7 (neutral).
Since normal tap water has an average pH of 7, some people advocate adding citrus or baking soda to increase the pH and make their water more alkaline. However, alkaline water benefits require more than just changing the pH of tap water.
The other definition of alkalinity is the ability of water to neutralize acids through alkalizing compounds such as magnesium, bicarbonate, calcium and silica. Neutralizing body acids with natural elements provides a host of benefits to the mind and body.
Alkaline Water Benefits
There are many benefits to drinking alkaline water:
- It helps to restore balance to your body through naturally infused minerals that are easily absorbed by the body.
- Hydrates better than tap water.
- Can help neutralize stomach acids and contains powerful antioxidants that can help neutralize free radicals.
- Can help reduce blood pressure, help control blood sugar and can promote good bone health.
The best way to get full alkaline water benefits is to choose natural mineral water that is filled with essential elements like magnesium, bicarbonate, calcium and silica.
Our Crown Suliner is a natural magnesium-lithia mineral water that is sourced from the heart of the Europe in the High Tatras Mountains.
Similarly, Crown Magnesia is a rich magnesium-silica mineral water that is bottled straight at the source in protected underground water springs.
Royal Mineral Water sources all our water from natural springs, located in protected areas in the High Tatras Mountains. You can find us in many fine locations across Canada—check for a location close to you!
Remember, we always recommend drinking our mineral water chilled.